Lynn Forhilde

Lynn Forhilde
Just me enjoying the water.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Limits... are they clear enough?

Hello again, welcome once again to the Bovine corner, I'm your favorite Cow girl named Lynn here ((And if I'm not I will match what ever they are paying you )) with another exciting post! Lots of things have been going on for Lynn in her life around glint, this post will cover her adventures and some of her creators thoughts and feeling.

First off a huge thanks to the other residents of glint, the kindness and understanding I have received in this community is a great reminder of why I enjoy to rp as much as I do. So anyone who has spoken to me so far, feel good in the fact that you truly helped me to feel welcome, and I look forward to all future rp's we may have together.

Now of course this can't all be perfect, meaning that we all have our limits and trust me, I'm the first person who will back off if I know I'm going anywhere close to something that makes people uncomfortable, but sometimes the line can get confusing. I see in may peoples profiles no bestiality, I also myself have this limit as it's something I don't find appealing, but lately I have seen it also meaning no furries. This.... confuses me, I myself don't have a problem if you don't like Furries, I will go out of my way to try to help people no matter what, even if they do hate furries, but if thats what you hate, please be specific, and don't just say bestiality, if I see only that I often assume I am allowed to rp with you, and will do my best to. I don't want to cause any problems or make you uncomfortable, so please be clear so I don't

To sum things up, this blog post isn't exactly as nice or well thought out as my last, but this pretty much throws all my current thoughts out there for you to see. I would really appreciate some of your thoughts and feelings about the whole furry subject, I am new to being a furry ((As new as my Second life account is hehe)) so I don't 100% know why people hate them so much, but I promises, at least with me I am just a normal girl...... well not normal... but I'm not some animal.

3 comments:

  1. I do recall that the dark den blog mentioned limits regarding who one will and will not role play with. Role play that does not involve, shall we say, close encounters (sex), should not be an issue for role play because to refuse to talk to someone because of their orientation would be discrimination which is not acceptable.
    It is appropriate to mention no bestiality as a limit because that involves a sexual activity with an animal which some find rather sick and twisted not to mention cruel to the animal in question.
    A "no furry" limit would make no sense as there are furries in sl and you are bound to run into one in a rp scene.
    It is your choice if you engage with the furry or politely excuse yourself IC. If the other side is unconfortable there is always the ((double quotes)) or im however they should be respectful of the furry's feelings and not offensive.
    If however I did see in the limits "no furries" and i was a furry, I would find someone else more tolerant to play with.
    I did at one time find a person with a "no fat people" limit. That type of limit is discriminatory and is not acceptable. I am a big person and talked to them anyway because that limit is simply ridiculous. Some of us are big. We do know who Jenny Craig is but we are simply not interested at this time, get over it.
    Limits should reflect what you do NOT want to happen to you in rp rather than who you will share a rp sim with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i, myself, used to subscribe to thye "I'm a furry and proud of it!" mindset back when i actively played on SL with my fox avatar...i thought i had become one, and i even made a FurAffinity account...

    sadly, i've come to the realization that most normal, true furries seem to be all about the yiff...quite literally. in fact, i found out a few semesters ago in a meeting for my nerd group that someone had just gotten back from a furry convention (FenCon i think? i can't remember) and it was discovered that attended the convention was HIV positive....so the person that announced this news asked everyone at the meeting to keep a specific previous member of this group in our thoughts and prayers.

    normally, you wouldn't freak out over something like this for nothing...HIV and AIDS, although pretty brutal, are not spread through saliva...it's spread through blood, breast milk, and sexual bodily fluids. (the blood part is how things get spread through needle sharing).

    why am i bringing this up? well if you couldn't put two and two together, it's ok. i had to have this situation told to me before it really sank in. Furries (real furries) are ALL about the yiff. so if they really are, then how would this become such an epidemic? people could really still be as paranoid as they were about AIDS back in the 80's, but my theory is simple: there was/is a LOT of sex (aka yiffing) that goes on at that con. which would explain why it became such a huge deal.

    not to mention that even though FurAffinity is like a furry version of DeviantArt, it seems that 75% of all the art on it is sex-related.

    i've since slowly and quietly withdrawn my statements about being a furry. i do not know if you really are like that, but i still love ya regardless ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emm,
    In regard to the last comment? I got three words:
    Too Much Information!

    ReplyDelete